Health Horizons Skilled Nurses provide quality, compassionate, home health care to individuals and families. Our CA-certified, licensed, registered(RN), nurses work in close concert with you, your medical team and family members to ensure positive treatment outcomes. We provide nursing and post surgical care in the warm and supportive environment of your home, treating patients and their families with dignity and respect. Regular progress reporting is given in accordance with your Plan of Care. Assessments and treatments provided by Health Horizons skilled medical team members deliver the high quality care required for recovering at home and regaining independence. We constantly consult our patient for feedback and suggestions, and we focus on being reliable, thorough, competent, and inviting. Our in-home care team ensures that responsiveness to the needs of our patients is paramount, their families, and the communities we serve.
Patients and families who seek limited-term care through Health Horizons skilled and registered (RN) nursing services experience compassion, comfort and non-invasive guidance from our entire medical team. Through well practiced, ongoing education, we confidently offer the highest level of nursing care to all of our patients.
Strengthening and furthering your post acute care program – Health Horizons stands out
- Collaborate with your primary doctor and medical team to implement and facilitate the patient Plan of Care
- Easing chronic conditions and the process of postoperative care.
- Treatment and tracking of acute medical conditions
- Tracheotomy, urostomy care, colostomy, ostomy self-care skill development
- Disease management tools training, potential complications, medication instructions, or learning to cope with a recent diagnosis
- Intravenous infusion, tube feeding, phlebotomy, and catheter care
- Disease monitoring of serious conditions, often mitigated by patient compliance with medical instruction, such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, hypertension, edema, and congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Pain management
- Wound care
- Diabetic care including: medication management, dieting, exercise, and assisted device strength training
- Vital sign monitoring
- Routine daily care to maintain basic health standards and hygiene, such as grooming, changing clothing regularly, bathing, and feeding
- Patient transportation to doctor’s visits, outdoor activities and shopping
- General housekeeping
- Laundry and linen changes
- Medication reminders and administration where necessary
- Meal preparation and clean-up
- Safe living environment is provided for patients without infringing or intruding on the patient’s rights or privacy
Offering CA-licensed, CHAP accredited, Medicare certified, skilled nurses services
- Skilled Nursing Visits -in-home appointments of up to 1 hour provided by a LPT, RN, or LVN to provide client education and skilled care.
- Multiple shift nursing for emotionally challenged or developmentally delayed adults and other mature clients requiring skilled care
- Assessment visits
- 24/7 nursing care, especially elder care if the patient will likely wander or stray when left unsupervised or if the patient’s continuous needs have exceeded the capacity of family care.
Medicare program benefits while you are receiving at home care from a skilled nurse or an RN/registered nurse
- Nursing care
- Therapy care including physical-rehab, speech-language pathology and occupational therapies
- Medical social services
- Counseling and general psychological and mental health services performed by CA-licensed medical social workers
- Dietary counseling
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Ambulance transportation (when other transportation would be dangerous to your health)
At Health Horizons we are experts you can trust with the skills to care for your specific needs
The complete and heart-felt post-acute care delivered by Health Horizons serve the medical and emotional needs of patients who no longer require the constant medical monitoring of the hospital, but still need assistance during their recovery to perform normal daily tasks and routines like bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, and both managing and administering medication as well as the basic monitoring vital signs. Our post-acute care team of registered and skilled nurses works with the patient, their family members and the primary physician to ensure that the target goals for recovery and rehabilitation are achieved while still tending to the patient’s comfort and creating a nurturing environment.
This can involve
- Bathing, basic grooming, and getting dressed
- Inspecting and changing bandage dressings
- Changing bedding as needed
- Monitoring the intake and output of liquid and food
- Tracking vital signs as well as both physical and mental health
- Reporting any concerns or other relevant findings to the patient’s primary physician
Health Horizons registered and skilled nurses serve as a go-between in in the provision of reference information and advice related to in-home nursing care. This may include acting as a liaison for information on outside community resources for obtaining needed medical supplies and equipment. Additionally our nursing staff relate and train the patient, family members and other caregivers on the specific in-home care instructions as well as being available and accessible to consultations when they present questions or problems.
Health Horizons’s air tight service capacity will give you peace of mind with the firm knowledge that with our brand comes the cream of crop of local healthcare professionals providing up to around-the-clock care. From our mulch-disciplinary rehab team, to our registered and skilled nurses, home health aides, social workers and therapists, we are committed local force providing a personal and individualized in-home healthcare experience.