Health Horizons is a trusted source for home health aide services for adults of all levels of maturity. Our in-home health aids create a safe environment for adults and seniors needing therapeutic, rehabilitative, nursing, home health assistance for both long and short-term Plans of Care. Our medical team of:
- Registered nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologist
- Home health aides
- Medical social workers
providing a limited number of visits, one hour or less, most often made possible by the Medicare Home Health benefit. Home health aides provide the support and services you require to regain and maintain your maximum level of possible independence for your unique medical profile. A registered nurse consults with you, your family members and primary doctor to determine the optimal Plan of Care. The nurse plans a home health aide care schedule to best serve you — from a few hours a day to round-the-clock care.
Personalized Care 24/7/365
Our professional home health aides provide nursing and daily care services at home for adults and seniors coping with injury, chronic illness, or disability. These services are performed by registered and licensed practical nurses, on a continuous shift (two-hour or more) basis, and are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Your health needs don’t take a break nor a holiday, so neither do we. Also known as private duty or adult skilled nursing, this care model provides efficient and quality help with daily routines for adults and seniors of all ages. Self-care and basic household services are usually performed by home health aides in the same continuous fashion. This care is also known as personal care or aide services.
- Patient assistance with dressing and grooming
- Changing bed linens, doing laundry, basic house cleaning, furniture moving , assisting with personal care such as bathing and other grooming, as well as communicating with other in-home health care team members on behalf of the patient, including deliveries or home maintenance such as repair technicians or landscapers.
- Shop for groceries
- Meal plan and food preparation
- Provide encouragement to the patient to exercise and engage in basic physical movement, eg walking and slow movement arts like tai chi
- Accompany patient on outings
- Providing transportation
- Providing companionship like watching tv, playing board games, or reading aloud
- Provide emotional support and training to the patient and their family to adapt to a disability or long term illness,
In-Home Medical Care 24/7/365
- Observe the progression of the patient’s general and unusual health conditions
- Maintain daily records to share with the family members and medical team
- Periodically check patient’s vital signs
- Assist patient transitions between bed, bath, and wheelchair
- Track on the patient’s medication management and assist as necessary
- Take patient to doctor appointments, participate as appropriate
- Help the patient in the operation and usage of basic medical equipment
Home health aides dedicated to your in-home health care
Health Horizons Home Health Aides are regularly updating their continuing education in order to bring you the most quality in-home care. Our home health aides follow CA-licensed in-home health care standards and requirements. Our mission is t to facilitate patients to remain, and recover, in their own homes by tracking their condition as well as delivering personal and support services. We educate your family members in patient care by teaching them the proper ways to turn, lift, and re-position the patient; counseling on nutrition, housekeeping, and cleanliness. We maintain a secure, safe, and healthy living space by maintaining security precautions and following procedures as well as prescribed dietary requirements and nutritional standards.
Additionally, we keep daily journal records of a patient’s daily progress and notifying primary physician of unexpected or changing conditions. We observe physical and mental health, fluid intake and output, and the achieved level of exercise. Our home health aides are at your side, maintaining housekeeping and laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and serving meals, as well as doing basic errands. We assist our patients with personal issues such as, dressing, bathing, grooming, as well as training patient’s in the use of a walker or cane, special eating utensils, and personal hygiene equipment.